On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at approximately 7:00am, South State Inc. will begin improvements to gas lines along Blackwood-Clementon Road (CR 534) between Spring Garden Street and Laurel Road. The work will be done between the hours of 7:00am and 3:30pm.
Blackwood-Clementon Road will be reduced to two lanes at the intersection of Blackwood-Clementon Road and Laurel Road / College Drive during the project, resulting in a lane shift.
The Borough Free Rabies Clinic will be held Saturday, March 12th from 9:00 to noon at the Public Works Facility located at 400 Davis Avenue. Animal Licenses can also be obtain at that time.
Spring Leaf Pick-up is scheduled to begin in the Borough on April 4, 2016. Please see the attached agenda which is approximate, but will be adhered to as closely as possible.
We ask that no plastic items, metal cans or products, excessive amounts of paper, large twigs or branches be mixed in with the leaves, as the composting facility may refuse our entire load of leaves. Thank you…
Pine Hill Fire District #1
Saturday, February 20, 2016
2:00pm – 9:00pm
Pine Hill Borough Hall, 45 W. 7th Ave.,
Pine Hill, New Jersey 08021
Pine Hill Borough OEM, Police & Public Works
Preparing for Upcoming Snow Event
The Pine Hill Borough OEM, Police and Public Works Departments will be monitoring the forecast and upcoming snow event to help make the roadways within the Borough safe and passable. Depending on the duration and amount of snowfall, Borough trucks may plow your street several times. Below are some tips to help make this snow event less stressful;
· As streets are plowed, roll-off snow will accumulate in driveways. Unfortunately this is unavoidable, but to minimize the amount, shovel the snow to the right of your driveway.
· If possible, wait until the Borough trucks have made at least two passes on your street to begin shoveling your driveway.
· If possible, do not park on the roadway from the time the snow has begun until after the Borough trucks have completed plowing your street. This will speed the removal process and help prevent vehicles from being plowed in.
· In the event of deep snow, please shovel around mailboxes and fire hydrants in the area of your residence.
Important Ordinances to remember;
· 8-10 – Temporary Parking Prohibition for Snow Removal
· Whenever snow has fallen and the accumulation is such that it covers the streets and highways, an emergency shall exist and no vehicle shall be parked on the streets or highways or portions thereof indicated.
· The above parking prohibitions shall remain in effect after the snow has ceased until the streets have been plowed sufficiently and to the extent that parking will not interfere with the normal flow of traffic.
· SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES INCLUDE; Branch Avenue, Blackwood-Clementon Road, Cross Keys Road, Erial Road, Kayser Avenue, New Freedom Road, and 7th Avenue
· 10-7A.1 – Owners, occupants or tenants of premises shall remove all snow and ice from abutting sidewalks or in the case of ice so frozen removal is impracticable, within 12 hours of daylight after the same has fallen or formed.
· 10-7A.2 – No person, firm or corporation not the owner, tenant or occupant shall throw, place or deposit snow or ice into or upon any street or sidewalk in the Borough, which accumulated within the private property belonging to said person.
Not all roads in the Borough of Pine Hill are maintained by the Borough. During bad weather, we often receive calls from our residents about the condition of roads whose maintenance is the responsibility of Camden County. We’re happy to relay your concerns, but if you would like to reach the Camden County Highway Department directly, please call (856) 783-0043. County maintained roads include; Branch Avenue, Blackwood-Clementon Road, Cross Keys Road, Erial Road, Hickstown Road, New Freedom Road and Turnersville Road
|DATE/TIME OF RELEASE||RELEASE PREPARED BY||RELEASE APPROVED BY|
|January 20, 2016 4:00PM||Chief Christopher Winters||Chief Christopher Winters|